Saturday Pennant 2017 - 18 - Round 10
Round 10 wrap
The weather was superb for around 10.
Heres a quick summary of the results
Home Sides results
Berwick 1 (0/66) defeated by Heathmont 1 (18/86)
Berwick 2 (16/82) defeated Ringwood 2 (2/66)
Berwick 6 (12/74 defeated Hampton Park 2 (6/71)
Berwick 8 (18/128) defeated Narre Warren 4 (0/47)
Away Sides results
Berwick 3 (16/84) defeated Edithvale 1 (2/73)
Berwick 4 (4/83) defeated by Glen Waverley 2 (14/85)
Berwick 5 (5/76) defeated by Chirnside Park 2 (13/91)
Berwick 7 (1/59) defeated by Dandenong Club 2 (17/97)
A huge thank you to all the volunteers who looked after the breakup celebration nibbles and bar. Juggling 3 Barefoot groups an a horde of hungry Pennant players.
Rink by rink results are here
Round 9 and 1/2 Season Wrap
Round 9 proved to be a very competitive round, with a promise of what may come in the final round of the Home and Away season in Round 18.
Two wins, Three Draws and Three Losses were played out this week. Here’s a look at the round and the Season so far.
Berwick 1 (89-16) Won at Pakenham 1 (72-2). There were several late changes made to the originally selected teams in Side 1 that travelled up the highway, and Berwick posted their 4th win of the season. The Ones are now in 5th spot on the Ladder with a 4-4-1 record. Their next opponent is Heathmont 1 (7th spot). The Ones posted a strong win against Heathmont in the season opener and will be looking to make it 2 from 2 next week. The One’s may find it hard to grab a Finals spot this season, and will need to turn some close losses into wins in the second half.
Berwick 2 (79-9) Tied with Croydon 2 (79-9). What a nailbiter this was with the result being decided on the final bowl of the final end. The outcome decided by Jeff Jantezki who wasn’t even playing in Clarke’s Team 6. The Tie was enough to see the Two’s move in to Top Spot on their ladder (7-1-2) at the 1/2 way mark of the season. It starts again next week when they host 7th placed Ringwood 2. Berwick want to reverse the result from round 1. The Two’s will want to maintain their first 1/2 season performances, and a well placed to play Finals this season.
Berwick 3 (67-1) Lost at Clayton 2 (76-17). The 3’s also had some last minute changes before they travelled to Clayton this week to play out a very close match against a tough opponent . The 3’s are in 5th spot with a 4-4-1 record and the 2nd half of their season kicks off against 2nd placed Edithvale 1 next week. The 3’s had a narrow loss against Edithvale’s top side in Round 1 and they’ll be digging deep next week to even the ledger. The Threes will probably need 5 more wins to hope for a Finals berth.
Berwick 4 (71-4) Lost at Mt Waverley 2 (74-14). Two rinks up and two down for the Four’s this week in another very close match on the Mt Waverley synthetic. The 4th Side is now sitting in 8th spot 3-5-1 and they start the second 1/2 of the season with another trip away to take on 9th place Glen Waverley next week. The Fours will need to put at least 4 wins on the board in the second pass through the Home and Away to ensure they avoid relegation.
Berwick 5 (93-17) Defeated Ferntree Gully 3 (59-1). With 3 rinks up and one tied, this was an emphatic win for the Fives, who are sitting in 4th spot on their ladder with a 5-3-1 record. The Fives have had a good season so far and can play Finals if they continue with their form. Their second 1/2 of the season statrs with a trip to take on Chirnside Park 2. The Five’s will want to make it 2 from 2 next week, but the conditions at Chirnside Park will be in favour of the home side.
Berwick 6 (71-6) Lost to Noble Park 2 (73-12). Another desparately close match that didn’t go our way. With 3 rinks up, the Wicker’s couldn’t quite manage to bridge the gap to Noble Park this week. Berwick 6 are now in 8th spot with a 2-5-2 record so far this season. The 6’s take on Hampton Park at home next week and they will want to repeat their season opening win to start of the second half strongly. The 6’s are exposed to relegation and will need more than 2 more wins to make sure they stay in Division 4.
Berwick 7 (79-9) Tied with Narre Warren 2 (79-9). Another Tied Match was played out at Narre Warren this week, the Seven’s have had a very strong season so far and with a 5-2-2 record they finished the first half of the season in Top spot in their section. Next week they travel to the Dandenong Club where they’ll be looking to start strongly and continue their journey toward the season Finals.
Berwick 8 (86-11) “Tied” with Burden Park 3 (86-7). The third of our ties for the round, but with three rinks up, the Eight’s managed to come away with an extra couple of points this round. Berwick finished the 1/2 season in 2nd spot with a 5-2-2 record and are very well positioned to play Finals. They had a close win against Narre Warren 4 at the start of the season, and with a home green advantage next week they’ll be looking to repeat the performance and set up their second half of the season.
Round 6 Wrap
November has given us a range of different weather conditions for Pennant this year and yesterday was the pick of the bunch with light winds and sunny skies for our Saturday afternoon.
Five Sides were victorious this round, with 3 wins away from home.
Summary of results
- Berwick 1 (71-4) were defeated by Croydon 1 (85-14)
- Berwick 2 (110-18) defeated Monbulk 1 (55-0)
- Berwick 3 (72-14) defeated Keysborough 1 (70-4) in a last end battle at Keysborough
- Berwick 4 (67-2) were defeated by Cranbourne 2 (88-16)
- Berwick 5 (86-16) defeated Heatherdale 2 (65-2) at Heatherdale
- Berwick 6 (78-15) defeated Edithvale 3 (73-3)
- Berwick 7 (74-4) were defeated by Edithvale 4 (82-14)
- Berwick 8 (89-16) defeated Parkdale 3 (63-2) at Parkdale
Rink by Rink Results
Fixture, Win/Loss and Ladder Positions
Round 5 Wrap
Low, dark clouds greeted our bowlers yesterday morning as the weather made an unwelcome return to Wintery conditions.
Three out of our four home sides posted a win this week, but only one travelling sides bought home a victory.
Summary of results
Berwick 3 (66-4) were defeated by Beaumaris 1 (82-14)
Berwick 5 (87-14) defeated Mooroolbark 4 (80-4)
Berwick 7 (119-18) defeated Ferntree Gully 5 (51-0) to make it 5 from 5
Berwick 8 (101-18) defeated Carrum 3 (56-0)
Berwick 1 (75-3) were defeated by Mulgrave Country Club 1 (84-15)
Berwick 2 (105-16) defeated Heathmont 3 (60-2)
Berwick 4 (72-3) were defeated by Oakleigh 1 (78-15)
Berwick 6 (72-0) were defeated by Pakenham 3 (97-18)
Full rink by rink results are available here
Fixture, Win /Loss and Ladder position here
Round 4 Wrap
Thankfully we did not see the showers that were forecast for yesterday afternoon and round 4 took place in occasionally humid conditions.
Five sides posted a win this round.
The match between Berwick 1 and Ashburton 1 kept everyone entertained as the result was in doubt right down to the final couple of bowls and Berwick 7 move to the top of the ladder as they continued their undefeated run playing away at Mulgrave CC.
Home games results are:
- Berwick 1 (79-14) defeated Ashburton 1 (76-4)
- Berwick 2 (72-16) defeated Upwey/Tecoma 1 (65-2)
- Berwick 6 (79-4) were defeated by Mulgrave Country Club 7 (81-14)
- Berwick 8 (72-4) were defeated by Dandenong Beaumaris 5 (74-14)
Away Results are:
- Berwick 3 (74-13) defeated Narre Warren 1 (71-5)
- Berwick 4 (72-4) were defeated by Mulgrave Country Club 5 (80-14)
- Berwick 5 (87-16) defeated Bayswater 3 (76-2)
- Berwick 7 (75-14) defeated Mulgrave Country Club 8 (70-4)
Results, Ladder Positions and Fixture are available here
Rink by rink results are available here
Round 3 Wrap
Saturday provided us with some variable weather compared to the first couple of weeks of the season.
Seven of this week’s games were played against the #1 side from the opposition club. We managed to bring home 3 wins, 1 draw and 4 losses this week.
Results in brief:
- Berwick 3 (72/2) were defeated by Cranbourne 1 (86/16)
- Berwick 4 (89/14) defeated Dandenong Club 1 (72/4)
- Berwick 5 (70/3) were defeated by Warburton 2 (71/15)
- Berwick 7 (109/16) defeated Willow Lodge 1 (80/2)
Our Away Matchups are:
- Berwick 1 (76/10) drew with Burwood Districts 1 (76/8)
- Berwick 2 (79/14) defeated Bayswater 1 (69/4)
- Berwick 6 (66/0) were defeated by Cardinia Waters 1 (100/18)
- Berwick 8 (73/2) were defeated by Dandenong RSL Rec 1 (80/16)
Weekly Draw, Match Results Summary and Ladder Position after Round 3 - click here
For rink by rink results – click here
Brilliant weather today greeted our bowlers for Round 2.
Those sides that played at home were able to enjoy some wonderfully prepared grass thanks to our hard working Greenskeeping team, headed by Mark Walker.
Not quite as strong a week as last week, with 4 Sides posting a win.
A quick run through the results:
- Berwick 1 (61/2) lost to Warburton 1 (80/16) at home
- Berwick 2 (100/16) defeated Chirnside Park 1 (59/2) at home
- Berwick 3 (79/14) travelled to defeat Hampton Park 1 (77/4) in a close one
- Berwick 4 (69/2) travelled to play Churchill Park Waverley Golf and were defeated (78/16)
- Berwick 5 (59/3) travelled to play Croydon 3 and were defeated (80/15)
- Berwick 6 (74/4) were defeated at home by Cranbourne RSL 2 (77/14)
- Berwick 7 (77/14) posted a final bowl win over Churchill Park Waverley Golf 2 (76/4)
- Berwick 8 (107/16) defeated Sandringham 3 at home (73/2)
Rink by rink scores are available here
Ladder positions chart here
Welcome to Saturday Pennant for the 2017 - 18 Season.
The Club is in the fabulous position of being able to field 8 Sides for Saturday Pennant this season competing in Division 1, Div 2 (2 sides), Div 3, Div 4 (2 sides), Div 5 and Div 7.
Round 1 was played in great weather, and saw the “Wickers” get off to a strong start with 6 Sides claiming a victory. The side results are as follows:
- Berwick 1 (15) travelled to play Heathmont 1 (3) and won 83 to 68
- Berwick 2 (4) travelled to play Ringwood 2 (14) and lost 81 to 69
- Berwick 3 (3) hosted Edithvale 1 (15) and lost a close one 77 to 79
- Berwick 4 (15) hosted Glen Waverley 2 (3) and won 80 to 71
- Berwick 5 (14) hosted Chirnside Park 2 (4) and won 81 to 77
- Berwick 6 (16) travelled to play Hampton Park 2 (2) and won 80 to 65
- Berwick 7 (18) hosted Dandenong Club 2 (0) and won 102 to 46
- Berwick 8 (13) travelled to play Narre Warren 4 (5) and won 68 to 64
Weekly Draw, Match Results Summary and Ladder Position after Round 1 is here
Rink by rink scores are available on the Saturday Pennant Page